Position Title: Operations Director
Classification: Full-time, Salary, Permanent, Exempt
Compensation: $70,000 - $76,000/year DOE
For 25 years, The Young Women’s Freedom Center (YWFC) has been investing in the leadership of formerly incarcerated and system involved young women in the state of California to transform their lives and communities. YWFC provides leadership, economic, and transformative opportunities for young women and works with them overtime to find their voice and build personal and collective power to transform the policies and systems that criminalize poor young women of color through advocacy, organizing, systems change, and policy work.
The Operations Director is a member of the senior executive team with responsibility for the organization's effective operations and financial health across all sites and the organization as a whole. They create, implement and maintain the operations, administration, communication, contact management and coordination systems, manage human resources, manage accounting and financial control functions, and create financial reports, budgets and documents as needed.
● Direct the day-to-day operations of the administration and facilities of the organization.
● Direct the day-to-day accounting operations, including oversight of accounts payable and receivable, and maintenance of the general ledger
● Create, implement and maintain systems for coordination, internal communication and administrative functions
● Support, oversee and maintain contact database, email functions, mass email programs and website updates
● Supervise operations and administrative staff and coordinate with financial consultants
● Manage human resource and benefit systems, contracts and relationships
● Update and create organizational policies, forms and operating manuals
● Prepare,analyze and present financial reports (income statements and balance sheets) inan accurate and timely manner; clearly communicate monthly and annual financial statements to senior management
● Lead the annual budgeting and planning process in conjunction with the ED;administer and review all financial plans and budgets; monitor progress andchanges and produce monthly budget versus actual reports
● Manage organizational cash flow and forecasting
● Oversee audit and tax functions, coordinate activities with outside audit/accounting firms and review firms’ performance
● Oversee investment strategies based on organizational financial planning
● Produce financial reports for foundation and other funder grants; maintain share grant reporting calendar due dates and submissions, including all required financial deliverables as stated per grant awards and contracts
● Update and implement all necessary business policies and accounting practices; periodically update the organization’s fiscal operations manual
● Remain up-to-date on best practices in nonprofit finance, business systems and internal control measures, and state and federal law regarding nonprofit operations
● Experience with organizational operations and administration experience;
● 5+years relevant work experience with finance management (e.g. revenue recognition, public support testing, 990 reporting)
● Working knowledge of GAAP, audits, and other regulatory requirements in the financial field
● Expert computer skills, including Office & Google Suite, mass email programs, basic website maintenance, contact databases, with advanced proficiency in Excel and QuickBooks
● Demonstrated success in a fast-paced environment
● Ability to work independently in an entrepreneurial environment
● Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
● Superior written and verbal communications skills
● Strong political understanding of racial, juvenile and criminal, gender, LGBT+injustice
● Experience working with and living in low-income communities of color and with formerly incarcerated people
● Experience supervising others
This position is full-time and exempt. Compensation is dependent upon experience (DOE). Our benefits package includes both health and dental insurances for you, your domestic partner or spouse, and your dependents. These policies are at a 100% employer contribution. We offer a variety of paid time off, including over 10 days of paid vacation per year (for full-time employees). These days are in addition to two consecutive weeks of holiday in the months of December and January, and 10 other observed holidays throughout the year, which all employees are eligible for based on regularly scheduled hours. For observed holidays, we choose to honor days that are most significant to our staff, like the day following queer pride weekend and Cesar Chavez day. We also offer time off for mental well-being, and various unpaid time off policies for parenting.
YWFC provides an excellent working environment that encourages teamwork and recognizes high-quality work.
To apply, please email cover letter, resume and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send documents in Microsoft Word or PDF format, with “YWFC Finance Director Search” in the subjectline. No phone calls please.
The Young Women’s Freedom Center is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are strongly encouraged from women, people of color, immigrants, young people, lesbian, gay, bisexual, queer, transgender and gender non-conforming people, people living with HIV/AIDS, people with disabilities, bilingual and bicultural people,and people that have directly experienced poverty, incarceration, and those that have worked in the underground street economy.