Program Manager - Full-time (Santa Clara)
The Program Manager will be our first hire and will oversee the establishment of initial programming and services, to meet the needs of justice-involved girls in the county, to participate as a leader in the larger initiative, and to work closely with the Executive Director in developing and maintaining strong ties to community partners, developing relationships with potential partners, engaging youth program participants, and ensuring the successful delivery of all community-based programs and fulfillment of annual, collaborative, and programmatic goals.
- Establish and maintain relationships and partnerships with stakeholders that benefit justice-involved girls and support organizational and initiative goals.
- Establish programming for girls in detention in Santa Clara County utilizing YWFC’s "lift Us Up, Don’t Lock Us Down” curriculum and ensuring strong relationships, staff clearance, proper training, etc.
- Participate as an active member of Santa Clara County’s Gender Responsive Task Force and the Larger City/ County-wide initiative to end the incarceration of girls in the county.
- Support the hiring and training of staff to provide services and support to girls in detention, upon release at YWFC, and through re-entry and supportive programs.
- Ensure all staff, volunteers, etc. working with youth in detention and or with girls in the community are properly trained and maintain proper clearances
- Ensure evaluations, research, and special projects are implemented and thorough
- Support the establishment of leadership of justice involved young women and girls in the county
- Work to build the Sister Warriors Freedom Coalition chapter in the County
- Ensure program evaluation and data collection
- Work closely with the community, the local advisory board, and YWFC’s Executive Director to launch, operate, and expand programming.
What we are Looking for:
- The ideal candidate has strong ties to the San Jose/ Santa Clara County Community and a deep understanding of the issues facing young system involved women and girls
- Is deeply committed to the mission and vision of the Young Women’s Freedom Center and has a commitment to the leadership of young women and girls
- Innovative, thoughtful, and action oriented
- Bi-lingual English/ Spanish
- Understanding the criminal, juvenile justice systems and the current landscape of services, advocacy, and systems change work in California and the United States.
- Experienced in program and curriculum development and oversite, project and people management, and working in a start-up environment
- At least two years of youth program coordination/management experience
This is a Full-time, temporary position (24-months).
Salary/ Benefits: $55,000 + health benefits
Please send your resume and a thoughtful, one-page cover letter to email@example.com, using the subject line “Program Manager Santa Clara County”
We strongly encourage candidates who hold marginalized identities and nontraditional professional backgrounds to apply. Young Women’s Freedom Center does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we’re not able to respond personally to every candidate. We do review every submission carefully and we will contact those who we’d like to interview.