YWFC works in four locations across California and also has statewide initiatives. The statewide work is informed by and implemented at the sites and the local work is informed and strengthened by the statewide work.
- Alezandra Zaragoza Melendrez, Director of Freedom Research Institute, Statewide
- Amika Mota, Policy Director, Statewide
- April Grayson, Statewide Coordinator of SWFC
- Katie Manbachi, Manager of Community Research, Statewide Team
- Krea Gomez, Education Director, Statewide
- Legislation & Policy: Advancing policy and legislative agenda in Sacramento and supporting local systems change initiatives
- Freedom Research Institute: Collecting, analyzing and disseminating data and research for and by those most impacted by cycles of poverty, violence, systems and incarceration through participatory action research
- Education & Training: Creating standardized curriculum and training of trainers for all YWFC programs as well as on the overall methodology and offering training to other organizations. In addition to our staff and memberleadership pipeline, YWFC supports the leadership of the Sister Warrior Freedom Coalition through coordinating Freedom Academies.
- Base & Movement Building: Developing the leadership of formerly incarcerated and systems-involved girls, women and TGNC people through YWFC programming and incubating the Sister Warrior Freedom Coalition, as well as contributing to coalition efforts and supporting emerging organizations who are part of prison reform, decarceration and decriminalization efforts.
- Changing the Narrative: Sharing our own stories, public speaking and speak outs, and producing our own social media, op eds and articles, artwork and poetry.