Young Women’s Freedom Center seeks a Social Media Associate to join our fierce team of directly impacted cis and trans women and young women, trans men and young men and gender-expansive leaders of color and support our social media communications. This person will report directly to the Director of Communications and partner with teams across all departments and sites to develop content plans, produce content, and plan and execute social media campaigns. This person will be in charge of community management across YWFC platforms, and report engagement stats monthly and as required post campaigns. Like all members of the Young Women’s Freedom Center team, the Social Media Associate will believe in the expertise of directly impacted people to identify and lead the change needed to support true and transformative justice.
This person will have a deep understanding of the criminal, social, and gender justice spaces across California and apply that knowledge to developing actionable and targeted communications strategies, as well as guide tactical implementation to achieve our goal of decarcerating and decriminalizing all cis and trans women and young women, trans men and young men, and gender-expansive people in California.
The Young Women’s Freedom Center is a Leadership and Advocacy organization focused on building the personal and collective power of cis and trans young women trans young men, and gender-expansive youth who have been incarcerated and experienced life on the streets. YWFC creates opportunities for young folks to find their voice, build their power, gain skills and opportunities, and to transform the conditions that keep them trapped in cycles of violence, poverty, and incarceration.
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualities:
- 2 – 4 years experience in social media strategy, content creation, community management, and reporting
- Meticulous attention to detail, high level of dependability and flexibility and ability to work in a fast-paced environment juggle multiple priorities and projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues Young Women’s Freedom Center focuses on
- Excellent written, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to stay up to date on what’s happening in social justice, mass media and popular culture
- Familiarity with digital platforms and systems, and a commitment to learning and adapting to new and emerging tools and platforms
- Experience or interest in working with directly impacted youth, and commitment and passion for supporting their power and leadership
- Capacity to build safe working relationships with youth, that are supportive and build trust and self-determination, and don’t replicate harmful system power dynamics
Please send your resume and a thoughtful, one-page cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line “Social Media Associate_(LastName)”
Deadline: October 1, 2021
We strongly encourage candidates who hold marginalized identities and nontraditional professional backgrounds to apply. Young Women’s Freedom Center does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we’re not able to respond personally to every candidate. We do review every submission carefully and we will contact those who we’d like to interview.
Position Title: Social Media Associate
Program/ Department: Administrative
Work location: Los Angeles (preferred), San Francisco, Santa Clara, Oakland (remote during Covid-19)
Classification: Full-time (1 FTE), 40 hours/week, permanent, hourly
Reports to: Director of Communications
Compensation: $25.00 – $27.88 (commensurate with experience)