The Program Manager is part of a growing and dynamic team of leaders in LA and primarily responsible for guiding the Siblings on the Rise Internship in reaching its programmatic goals. The Program Manager will work directly with justice-involved cis and trans young women and girls, trans young men and boys, and gender-expansive youth in LA to develop their leadership skills, critical thinking, and engage interns in YWFC’s advocacy, organizing, and policy work. The Program Manager plays a key role in developing relationships with potential partners, engaging youth program participants, and ensuring the successful delivery of all community-based programs and fulfillment of annual, collaborative, and programmatic goals. The Program Manager is part of the organization’s operational and administrative team and they will work closely with the Deputy Director and Operations Manager to oversee the operational management of programming and services.
About YWFC LA:
For over 27 years, YWFC has engaged with over 40,000 cis and trans women and girls, trans men and boys, and gender-expansive youth and invested in the leadership and power of youth of color who have been disproportionately affected by various systems in the Bay Area. YWFC engagement supports a movement towards systems change through the decriminalization and decarceration of young people. Three years ago, YWFC expanded engagement in Los Angeles County with a commitment to invest in the leadership pipeline of youth directly impacted to lead work to decriminalize and decarcerate youth in LA County.
We are growing our team in LA and we are looking for talented individuals who believe and are deeply committed to our mission, the growth of the LA site, and investment in the leadership development of youth in the community.
Skills, Knowledge, and Qualities:
- At least two years of youth program coordination/ management experience
- Exceptional organizational, attention to detail, and administrative skills (Proficiency with Google Suites, calendaring, confirming facilitators, youth have adequate transportation, etc.)
- Clear, direct, and diplomatic communication skills, and the ability to empower and communicate with youth and adults from a variety of backgrounds, in person, over the phone, and via email
- Familiarity with the Juvenile justice system, criminal justice system, and the foster care system
- Familiarity with the Los Angeles and the Bay Area socio-political landscapes and youth service providers
- Experience or interest in working with directly impacted youth, and commitment and passion for supporting their power and leadership
- Capacity to build safe working relationships with youth, that are supportive and build trust and self-determination, and don’t replicate harmful system power dynamics
Please send your resume and a thoughtful, one-page cover letter to email@example.com, using the subject line “Program Manager LA_(LastName)”
Deadline: October 1, 2021
We strongly encourage candidates who hold marginalized identities and nontraditional professional backgrounds to apply. Young Women’s Freedom Center does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Due to the volume of applications we receive, we’re not able to respond personally to every candidate. We do review every submission carefully and we will contact those who we’d like to interview.
Position Title: Program Manager
Program: Site-Based Operational and Program Support
Work location: LA Office
Reports to: LA Site Director
Classification: Full-time (1 FTE), 40 hours/week, permanent, Non-Exempt
Compensation: $24.00-$26.44/hour (commensurate with experience)